Friday, October 30, 2009

Wikis

The experience was of course thrilling. A lot of fun. The Wetpaint software I used was very friendly, really fun to use. The only thing is the not-requested publicity, but even that was interesting, it was yet another thing to explore.
I watched the instructional video in plain English and I see how useful a wiki can be for educational projects. The greatest advantage I perceive is the immediateness of on-line editing.
Wikis are interactive tools at its best. A great representative of the Web 2.0 philosophy.
Personally, I doubt I can use it with most of my Mision Sucre students, because they should go through a Mision Robinson for technological literacy first. (However, I'm sure I can use it with some of them). The thing about ICT and the digital revolution is a matter of attitude. Once you've been initiated, you realize that everything works more or less the same way. Intuition is your best guide, and need is your best incentive.
Technological literacy is not a nice term to use. But it's widely used and accepted.
Some people are hoplessly blocked in front of a computer

2 comments:

  1. Hello Professor, how are you?

    Recently I learned of this virtual site, will visit it every week, great work I like.

    greetings beloved teacher, his student at Mission Sucre English I:
    Blanca Bustos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Teacher, How are you?

    Recently I learned of this virtual site, will visit it every week, great work I like.

    Greetings beloved teacher, his student at Mission Sucre English I:
    Blanca Bustos

    ReplyDelete